These deprecated methods were added to make jsr166.jar to run on different JDK releases.  I think it's time to remove these deprecated xxxObject* methods as the renames have been done since JDK 12 for 5 years.   I added a comment [1] to confirm with Doug and Martin.

Mandy

https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8207146?focusedId=14654891&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14654891