On Sun, 17 Mar 2024 22:53:55 GMT, Archie Cobbs <aco...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> `GZIPInputStream`, when looking for a concatenated stream, relies on what
>> the underlying `InputStream` says is how many bytes are `available()`. But
>> this is inappropriate because `InputStream.available()` is just an estimate
>> and is allowed (for example) to always return zero.
>>
>> The fix is to ignore what's `available()` and just proceed and see what
>> happens. If fewer bytes are available than required, the attempt to extend
>> to another stream is canceled just as it was before, e.g., when the next
>> stream header couldn't be read.
>
> Archie Cobbs has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a
> merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes
> brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains 10 additional
> commits since the last revision:
>
>  - Merge branch 'master' into JDK-7036144
>  - Back-out Javadoc addition; to be added in a separate issue.
>  - Document the handling of concatenated streams.
>  - Merge branch 'master' into JDK-7036144
>  - Merge branch 'master' into JDK-7036144
>  - Merge branch 'master' into JDK-7036144
>  - Address third round of review comments.
>  - Address second round of review comments.
>  - Address review comments.
>  - Fix bug in GZIPInputStream when underlying available() returns short.

Hello Archie, tier1, tier2, tier3 completed without any related failures. I
also ran JCK tests related to this class and those too passed. I've also taken
Lance's inputs on this PR and he agrees that this look OK. I'll go ahead and
approve this now. Thank you for fixing this, as well as your patience during
the review.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17113#issuecomment-2009699729