On Tue, 9 Apr 2024 12:01:49 GMT, Claes Redestad <redes...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> There are a few trade-offs at play here which influence the choice of
> threshold. The simple high arity strategy will for example not see any reuse
> of LambdaForms but strictly always generate a class per indy callsite, which
> means we might end up with a higher total number of classes generated and
> loaded in applications if we set this value too low

Stupid question maybe, this would be one LambdaForm per argument set? E.g.
would two invocations with the same arguments re-use the same LambdaForm?

I would like to get an understanding of the numbers of classes involved for
these solutions, and whether they are bounded. Mostly for Lilliput reason.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18690#issuecomment-2051082454