On Mon, 15 Apr 2024 14:39:02 GMT, Maurizio Cimadamore <mcimadam...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> Per Minborg has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a
>> merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes
>> brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains ten additional
>> commits since the last revision:
>>
>>  - Update after comments
>>  - Merge branch 'master' into ms-reinterpret2
>>  - Update
>> src/java.base/share/classes/jdk/internal/foreign/HeapMemorySegmentImpl.java
>>
>>    Co-authored-by: Jorn Vernee <jornver...@users.noreply.github.com>
>>  - Update
>> src/java.base/share/classes/jdk/internal/foreign/NativeMemorySegmentImpl.java
>>
>>    Co-authored-by: Jorn Vernee <jornver...@users.noreply.github.com>
>>  - Update src/java.base/share/classes/java/lang/foreign/MemorySegment.java
>>
>>    Co-authored-by: Maurizio Cimadamore
>> <54672762+mcimadam...@users.noreply.github.com>
>>  - Fix imports and copyright
>>  - Update maxByteAlignment docs
>>  - Improve doc and tests
>>  - Add a MS::maxByteAlignment method
>
> src/java.base/share/classes/java/lang/foreign/MemorySegment.java line 612:
>
>> 610:      *     <li>Heap:
>> 611:             derived from the segment {@linkplain #address() address()}
>> 612:             and the type of the <a href="#segment-alignment">backing
>> heap storage</a>.
>
> Shoudn't the link point to `MemorySegment::heapObject` ?

I suggest you generate the javadoc and look at this method - my feeling is that
it won't be very readable. The sentence "a power of two and is derived from" is
left a bit suspended - and you have a bullet list which starts with "Native
Segment" which is not a valid "next token" for the sentence above. After which,
we say again "derived from" hence repeating.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18779#discussion_r1565913273