On Tue, 23 Apr 2024 09:46:08 GMT, Hamlin Li <m...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> HI,
>> Can you have a look at this patch adding some tests for Math.round
>> instrinsics?
>> Thanks!
>>
>> ### FYI:
>> During the development of RoundVF/RoundF, we faced the issues which were
>> only spotted by running test exhaustively against 32/64 bits range of
>> int/long.
>> It's helpful to add these exhaustive tests in jdk for future possible usage,
>> rather than build it everytime when needed.
>> Of course, we need to put it in `manual` mode, so it's not run when
>> `-automatic` jtreg option is specified which I guess is the mode CI used,
>> please correct me if I'm assume incorrectly.
>
> Hamlin Li has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   Add vectorized and scalar version Float tests checking full 32 bits range

test/hotspot/jtreg/compiler/vectorization/TestRoundVectorFloatAll.java line 99:

> 97:     System.out.println("Verification");
> 98:     int errn = 0;
> 99:     for (long l = Integer.MIN_VALUE; l <= Integer.MAX_VALUE; l+=ARRLEN) {

Can't you just do the obvious simple thing here?

test/hotspot/jtreg/compiler/vectorization/TestRoundVectorFloatAll.java line 102:

> 100:       for (int i = 0; i < ARRLEN; i++) {
> 101:         input[i] = (int)(l+i);
> 102:       }

What is this array for? As far as i can tell it does nothing useful to batch
the test results.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17753#discussion_r1582089522
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17753#discussion_r1582089157