On Tue, 30 Apr 2024 07:01:16 GMT, Jan Kratochvil <jkratoch...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

> * Will the patch be accepted only for memory or it has to support also CPU?

It should be fine for memory only for a start, but we should allow for
on-boarding of other controllers as well.

> * Should I code it on top of OpenJDK trunk or on top of
> [jerboaa@92aaa6f](https://github.com/jerboaa/jdk/commit/92aaa6fd7e3ff8b64de064fecfcd725a157cb5bb)
>  ?

Since this patch solves a similar problem than
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8217338 did at the time when only cg
v1 was supported I'd feel more comfortable in paying the technical debt and
recode it so that cg v1 and cg v2 behaves the same or at least similar. That
should make the code cleaner, easier to test and maintain in the long run. So
I'm thinking on top of the refactoring. I'll try to prioritize those work items
accordingly. Does that sound OK?

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17198#issuecomment-2085186173