> Can I please get a review for this patch which proposes to implement the
> enhancement request noted in https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8173970?
>
> The commit in this PR introduces the `-o` and `--output-dir` option to the
> `jar` command. The option takes a path to a destination directory as a value
> and extracts the contents of the jar into that directory. This is an optional
> option and the changes in the commit continue to maintain backward
> compatibility where the jar is extracted into current directory, if no `-o`
> or `--output-dir` option has been specified.
>
> As far as I know, there hasn't been any discussion on what the name of this
> new option should be. I was initially thinking of using `-d` but that is
> currently used by the `jar` command for a different purpose. So I decided to
> use `-o` and `--output-dir`. This is of course open for change depending on
> any suggestions in this PR.
>
> The commit in this PR also updates the `jar.properties` file which contains
> the English version of the jar command's `--help` output. However, no changes
> have been done to the internationalization files corresponding to this one
> (for example: `jar_de.properties`), because I don't know what process needs
> to be followed to have those files updated (if at all they need to be
> updated).
>
> The commit also includes a jtreg testcase which verifies the usage of this
> new option.

Jaikiran Pai has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge
or a rebase. The pull request now contains 15 commits:

 - cleanup testExtractNoDestDirWithPFlag() test
 - merge latest from master branch
 - merge latest from master branch
 - convert the new test to junit
 - merge latest from master branch
 - Lance's review - include tests for --extract long form option
 - cleanup after each test
 - Adjust test for new error messages
 - Lance's review - add a code comment for xdestDir
 - Lance's review - updates to the help messages in jar.properties
 - ... and 5 more: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/compare/3b8227ba...46fb5a8e

Changes: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/2752/files
  Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=2752&range=04
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk.git pull/2752/head:pull/2752