On Fri, 17 May 2024 12:01:23 GMT, Chen Liang <li...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Core reflection's generic signature parsing uses an ancient library with
> outdated visitor pattern on a tree model and contains unnecessary
> boilerplates. This is a duplication of ClassFile API's signature model. We
> should just move to ClassFile API, which is more throughoutly tested as well.
>
> To ensure compatibility, new tests are added to ensure consistent behavior
> when encountering malformed signatures or signatures with missing types. The
> reflective objects have been preserved and the only change is that lazy
> expansion now happens from CF objects, to reduce compatibility risks.

Indeed, I put the JBS issue to target release 24. I believe given the potential
behavioral changes, rushing into release 23 is a risky choice. (the 4 new tests
can target 23 in a separate patch, but they require removal of a few redundant
assertions in old generic code)

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19281#issuecomment-2143205523