On Mon, 3 Jun 2024 20:29:47 GMT, Alexey Semenyuk <asemen...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> 8333452: Make logging in jdk.jpackage.internal.OverridableResource class
> configurable

OverridableResource uses Log.verbose, which will log if -verbose is specified.
What do you mean by "OverridableResource class unconditionally writes in the
log."? Why "In some situations emitting log messages is not desired."? If we do
not need to log them when "-verbose" is specified then lets just remove them.

`NoLogging` class is only used by test. Can we modify `OverridableResource` in
such way it does not require additional code which is used by test only?

This added functionality is not used. It is completely unclear from PR and/or
issue description why we need this and how it will be used in the future?

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19532#issuecomment-2146189724