+1 for not deprecating the method that takes Clock. It would give existing users unnecessary warnings.

Naoto

On 6/4/24 12:17 AM, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
On Mon, 3 Jun 2024 at 22:25, Kurt Alfred Kluever <k...@google.com> wrote:
It feels a bit strange that you can't pass an `InstantSource` to `Instant.now(...)`, but
you _can_ pass a `Clock` (which of course has a "useless" `ZoneId` when
creating an `Instant`). Therefore, I'd like to propose one of the following API changes:

1) adding `Instant.now(InstantSource)`
2) deprecating `Instant.now(Clock)` in favor of `clock.instant()`

I have no problem with adding `Instant.now(InstantSource)`, but I
think deprecating the `Clock` method is unnecessary (given it will
never be removed AFAICT, and it is no doubt in widespread use).
Stephen