On Tue, 4 Jun 2024 12:37:03 GMT, Alexey Semenyuk <asemen...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > I assume WiX5 will just work if installed instead of WiX4?
>
> Correct.
>
> > Do you think it will make sense to introduce Wix5 ToolsetType in case if we
> > need to do something different between 4 and 5?
>
> They claim WiX5 is backward compatible with WiX4, i.e. WiX4 code should work
> with WiX5 toolkit. So I don't see a reason to introduce Wix5 ToolsetType now.

jpackage allows override of main WiX source file (main.wxs), do you know what
will happen if user will add main.wxs with format features available only in
WiX 5 and will have WiX 5 toolkit installed?

Do you know if there any benefits to use any features available in WiX5 if WiX5
toolkit is installed, instead of using only WiX4 features with WiX5 toolkit?

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19318#issuecomment-2150809380