On Fri, 7 Jun 2024 21:13:56 GMT, Roger Riggs <rri...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Interesting. Could you point me to a related bug / documentation / evidence?
>> I tested the WaitForSingleObject version (commit
>> 6524747a5ebc51c760b14e90309c5f18b58b20e2) on Windows 11, and I didn't
>> observe any problems with shutting down the VM
>
> I don't have a test or counter example and don't have a detailed
> understanding of the blocking needs of Hotspot.

Another reason to retain the checking of GetThreadInterruptEvent is to be belt
and suspenders against the Java code changing and opening up a potential error.
At the moment, the reaper thread is encapsulated and not likely to get an
interrupt, but that might not always be the case and someone changing the Java
code might be unaware of the native code details.  $.02

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19586#discussion_r1633285990