On Mon, 10 Jun 2024 11:28:28 GMT, Kevin Walls <kev...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> JMX uses APIs related to the Security Mananger which are deprecated.  Use of
> AccessControlContext will be removed when Security Manager is removed.
>
> Until then, updates are needed to not require setting
> -Djava.security.manager=allow to use JMX authentication.

src/java.management.rmi/share/classes/javax/management/remote/rmi/RMIConnectionImpl.java
 line 1634:

> 1632:                 } else {
> 1633:                     // We have ACC therefore SM is permitted, and
> Subject must be non-null:
> 1634:                     return Subject.doAs(subject,
> (PrivilegedExceptionAction<T>) () ->
> AccessController.doPrivileged((PrivilegedExceptionAction<T>) () ->
> wrappedClass.cast(mo.get()), acc));

This is not readable. If you create the PAEs explicitly then the casts will go
away and it will be much easier to read.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19624#discussion_r1633351429