On Tue, 11 Jun 2024 11:35:28 GMT, Shaojin Wen <d...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> After PR https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/16245, C2 optimizes stores into
>> primitive arrays by combining values ​​into larger stores.
>>
>> This PR rewrites the code of appendNull and append(boolean) methods so that
>> these two methods can be optimized by C2.
>
> Shaojin Wen has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   revert

And what happens when you run that last thing with
`-XX:+UnlockDiagnosticVMOptions -XX:DisableIntrinsic=_putCharStringU`?  I
believe the intrinsic is basically a handcrafted merge optimization, and might
very well be obsolete with the MergeStores optimization in place.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19626#issuecomment-2162893168