On Mon, 17 Jun 2024 20:51:34 GMT, Kevin Walls <kev...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> JMX uses APIs related to the Security Mananger which are deprecated.  Use of
>> AccessControlContext will be removed when Security Manager is removed.
>>
>> Until then, updates are needed to not require setting
>> -Djava.security.manager=allow to use JMX authentication.
>
> Kevin Walls has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   braces

I skimmed through the changes, much more readable now compared to some of the
initial revisions. I kinda agree with one of the comments from a few days ago
that if (allow) { .. } else { ..} is easier to read than putting the disallow
case first. It's not a big deal as this code will be changed very soon to
remove the SM path.

As regards testing then I think the highest priority should be to default/no-SM
case. We need to be confident that there are no regressions in JMX for this
execution mode. We don't have of course want to regression for the SM case but
that is a niche execution mode and not long for this world.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19624#issuecomment-2175831168