Hi,

your observation seems correct.

In order to file a properly tracked bug report, please proceed according to this guide:

https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/22/troubleshoot/submit-bug-report.html

Thanks

On 2024-06-21 19:12, Stig Rohde Døssing wrote:
Hi,

The Javadoc for RandomGenerator.nextLong(long origin, long bound) has this to say:

Implementation Requirements:
The default implementation checks that |origin| and |bound| are positive |longs|

|This doesn't seem to be true. The default implementation checks that origin and bound are a valid range (that bound >= origin). The implementation doesn't reject negative inputs.|

|The same note appears in the two-arg version of nextInt.|

|The note for e.g. nextDouble is correct and says "|The default implementation verifies that the |origin| and |bound| are valid"

I'm wondering if the notes for nextLong and nextInt should be updated to match?