On Mon, 8 Jul 2024 16:42:55 GMT, Joe Darcy <da...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> My understanding is the same. Personally, the wording reads unambiguously.
>> The words "circular" and "circularity" can be seen throughout codebase, in
>> similar contexts.
>>
>> FWIW, a simpler example can be constructed like this:
>>
>>     var list = new ArrayList<>();
>>     list.add(list);
>
> Changed to "cyclic/circular".
>
> The "A" in "DAG" stands for "acyclic", but circular may be more commonly used.

While I understand and agree with the intent, we have several exceptions in the
OpenJDK itself.

Circular structures that throw `StackOverflowError` on `hashCode()` and huge
numbers that take 20-30 min to compute `toString()` are some examples.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/20063#discussion_r1668991446