On Tue, 9 Jul 2024 18:14:03 GMT, Raffaello Giulietti <rgiulie...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

> Everything not obvious that departs from the paper by Bertot, Magaud and
> Zimmermann should be commented. Unfortunately, I can't say precisely what and
> to which extent until I see a first version.

@rgiulietti Well. Regarding the method `sqrtRemZimmermann()`, the base case is
different fundamentally because in the paper there's no base case at all and
the implementation is left to the reader. For the recursive step, apart from
the considerations above, the rest of the implementation is based on the
pseudocode in the papers, and every difference is based on considerations that
are present in the two papers.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19710#issuecomment-2218373924