On Tue, 27 Aug 2024 23:49:50 GMT, Shaojin Wen <s...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> By removing the redundant code logic in
>> DateTimeFormatterBuilder$InstantPrinterParser#formatTo, the codeSize can be
>> reduced and the performance can be improved.
>
> Shaojin Wen has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a
> merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes
> brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains nine additional
> commits since the last revision:
>
>  - Speed up Instant.toString using JavaTimeAccess
>  - add JavaTimeAccess SharedSecrets
>  - Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master' into
> optim_instant_fmt_202407
>  - breaking out the printNano methods
>  - copyright
>  - Update
> src/java.base/share/classes/java/time/format/DateTimeFormatterBuilder.java
>
>    Co-authored-by: Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@joda.org>
>  - 1. fix handle fraction == -1
>    2. Split two methods to make codeSize less than 325
>  - add comment
>  - optimize format instant

I don't think using SharedSecret just for performance improvement and code size
reduction is the right way, as the class is the last resort as the header says:

 * <p><strong>
 * Usage of these APIs often means bad encapsulation designs,
 * increased complexity and lack of sustainability.
 * Use this only as a last resort!
 * </strong>

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/20353#issuecomment-2327072611