On Tue, 29 Sep 2026 21:33:18 GMT, sbracely <[email protected]> wrote:

> > I think the change looks fine and using `getMonthLength` instead of 
> > `getDayOfYear` does indeed look like the right choice here for the clamping 
> > logic.
> > Just curious if this issue was discovered in an application or through some 
> > type of deliberate testing. Using a custom Hijrah variant is quite a 
> > special use case.
> 
> Thanks for the review.
> 
> This wasn't found in a production app. I'm working on a JSR-310 chronology 
> for the Chinese traditional calendar and chose the same approach as Hijrah: 
> data-driven month lengths from configuration, rather than computing each date 
> astronomically at runtime. Published lunisolar tables already disagree with 
> each other and with historical records, and observatories sometimes revise 
> previously published future dates, so a fixed config is a better fit.

While reading HijrahDate / HijrahChronology as the model, I noticed 
#withVariant() used #getDayOfYear() where #resolvePreviousValid() uses 
#getMonthLength(). I then confirmed it with a custom variant.

-------------

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33079#issuecomment-5900016942

Reply via email to