On Fri, 4 Sep 2026 13:17:07 GMT, Viktor Klang <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Daisuke Yamazaki has updated the pull request incrementally with one 
>> additional commit since the last revision:
>> 
>>   Add checks for non-Comparable elements
>
> I just had another look at this, and taking a step back, I think the added 
> complexity to PQ::addAll doesn't look to be worth it since it would only 
> serve adding to a previously-empty PQ.

Hi @viktorklang-ora,

Thanks for taking another look.

I did a quick JMH run against `master` just to get a rough idea of the impact.
It seemes to be fairly noticeable: about 1.7x for random `ArrayList` input at 
10k elements, about 3.9x for a `PriorityQueue` source at 100k, and 10x for the 
descending-input case at 100k.
The improvement was a bit larger than I expected.

If you still feel that this isn't enough to justify the added maintenance 
complexity,
I'm happy to drop this changes.

-------------

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/31701#issuecomment-5811638673

Reply via email to