Lukas Vlcek wrote:
I think you have already heard rumours about Microsoft could buy Yahoo. Does
anybody have any idea how this could impact specifically Hadoop future?

First, Hadoop is an Apache project. Y! contributes to it, along with others. Apache projects are designed to be able to survive the departure of any single contributor.

Second, while I know no more than you do about the acquisition, my guess is that, it if goes through, it will not significantly increase the odds that Y! will cease contributing to Hadoop anytime soon. That's always possible, and Hadoop would survive it, but I don't think it is likely. Y! has deeply embraced Hadoop, and separating the two would be counterproductive. Y! is more valuable to MSFT with Hadoop than without it.

I do not speak for Y!.

Doug