One of our sysadmins uses a parallel interactive ssh utility.  It opens
separate windows for output and accepts input from one of the windows.  When
editing an config file where it would be a pain to build a sed script, this
is better than pssh or equivalents.  If the starting points are not
identical this leads to *really* hosed results, of course.  This problem
afflicts anything of the sort and makes debugging problems really hard
because the faults are so strange.

My own preference is to edit the files in question locally and then copy
them to all targets.  I have to understand the problem slightly better for
that to work, but that seems to me to be a feature.