tim robertson wrote:

Incidentally, I have most of the basics of a "MapReduce-Lite" which I
aim to port to use the exact Hadoop API since I am *only* working on
10's-100's GB of data and find that it is running really fine on my
laptop and I don't need the distributed failover.  My goal for that

If it's going to be API-compatible with regular Hadoop, then I'm sure many people will find it useful. E.g. many Nutch users bemoan the complexity of distributed Hadoop setup, and they are not satisfied with the "local" single-threaded physical-copy execution mode.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><