Amar Kamat wrote:
some speed wrote:
I was wondering if it was possible to read the input for a map function from
2 different files:
  1st file ---> user-input file from a particular location(path)
Is the input/user file sorted? If yes then you can use "map-side join" for performance reasons. See org.apache.hadoop.mapred.join for more details.
2nd file=---> A resultant file (has just one <key,value> pair) from a
previous MapReduce job. (I am implementing a chain MapReduce function)
Can you explain in more detail the contents of 2nd file?

Now, for every <key,value> pair in the user-input file, I would like to use
the same <key,value> pair from the 2nd file for some calculations.
Can you explain this in more detail? Can you give some abstracted example of how file1 and file2 look like and what operation/processing you want to do?
I guess you might need to do some kind of join on the 2 files. Look at contrib/data_join for more details.
Amar
Is it possible for me to do so? Can someone guide me in the right direction
please?

Thanks!