Simon Lewis <si...@lewis.li> writes:

> On 3 Apr 2009, at 15:11, Ian Soboroff wrote:
>> Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org> writes:
>>
>>> I think from your perpective it makes sense as it stops anyone
>>> getting
>>> itchy fingers and doing their own RPMs.
>>
>> Um, what's wrong with that?
>
> I would certainly like the ability to build RPMs from a source
> checkout, anyone thought of putting a standard spec file in with the
> source somewhere?

Another vote for a .spec file to be included in the standard
distribution as a contrib.

If it's ok with Cloudera (since my spec file just came from them), I
will edit my JIRA to offer that proposal.  If it's Cloudera's spec
that's included, we should also include the init.d script templates
(which are already Apache licensed).

Ian