Hi,
   I have faced somewhat a similar issue...
   i have a couple of map reduce jobs running on EC2... after a week or so,
i get a no space on device exception while performing any linux command...
so end up shuttin down hadoop and hbase, clear the logs and then restart
them.

is there a cleaner way to do it???

thanks
Raakhi