On 06/19/2011 02:17 AM, Marshall Buschman wrote:
On 06/19/2011 01:38 AM, Scott Duplichan wrote:
Marshall Buschman wrote:

]Hello:
]
]With Scott's work on PCIe support for the E350M1, the NIC and USB3 are
]now working -- Thanks Scott!

Thanks for testing it on both the boards. Good to hear it works.

]The remaining problems that I know of are:
]
]1) Enabling coreboot serial debugging slows system boot dramatically: 5min+ ]Someone mentioned in IRC that this is because we are attempting to write
]to the serial device before it is ready, which causes some kind of
]timeout/backoff/retry sequence. How can I help with this?

That is weird. The log file you sent is 38819 bytes. I would expect the
boot time penalty to be not much more than the I/O time of 38819 bytes /
(11520 bytes/second) = 3.37 seconds. I did a test with loglevel 8. It logged
45745 bytes and the boot time from cold reset to DOS prompt was 5.56
seconds. When I watch the serial output, it spews text nearly continuously.
There is no hardware or software handshaking for the writes, so nothing
should slow it down.

]2) System RAM is reported incorrectly. In linux, "free -m" reports 480mb
]of total RAM -- the full total is 4gb.

I see, I had tested only a small memory configuration so far. It looks
like any size greater than 4GB will fail. Try the attached patch.
Works great, 3.5gb of available RAM. I've submitted it into the review system.
Thanks,
Scott

Thanks again!
-Marshall

Okay, There's something odd going on here. Now the NIC is gone. I'm going to investigate in the morning and abandon the change in gerrit until I know what's going on.
-Marshall