On 06/19/2011 03:05 PM, Peter Stuge wrote:
Scott Duplichan wrote:
The real problem is that the asl code for \_SB.PCI0._CRS is using
uninitialized variable TOM1. The default value of aaaaaaaa from
from line 267 of family14/ssdt.asl is being used.
Good find. Many thanks Scott.

Somehow the OS does need to know where the PCI hole can safely start.
It can't start immediately after the end of low ram because of uma.
\_SB.PCI0._CRS is one way to pass this information. This method
requires passing data from coreboot to asl, which is a pain.
Is it neccessarily that bad? Rudolf has developed some functions to
build AML at coreboot run time. It sounds like they might help?

I wonder if just reserving the uma range in the e820 map is
sufficient? I will try to do some experiments tonight.
Maybe short term, but the only real solution is indeed to store the
correct value from coreboot processing into AML.

If you can send me a binary or otherwise let me recreate the serial
logging problem, I will take a look.
http://stuge.se/stuge_e350m1_47b3fb_4mb.bin

//Peter

To add another data point, using Peter's image, it takes roughly 1 minute and 51 seconds to boot.
Log file is at http://www.lucidmachines.com/coreboot/1min51sec

Thanks!
-Marshall