Thanks all for your suggestions. I do have fast boot enabled (and probably MRC
cache too). I will try to disable that.

Main issue was that we have had a unit not boot up at all and a unit not boot
up properly (as in Windows logo would fade in and out but stay in that state
without progressing).

Both issues were fixed by writing the same bios (using a programmer or if the
system would boot) or flashrom. This write should however remove anything
written by the system on first boot. This makes me think that the cache or
whatever else is writing to the flash chip is causing the system to fail.

I will test and update once I know if it was the MRC writing to the flash.
Regards,
Naveed