On 10/05/2017 05:54 AM, Anshuman Aggarwal wrote:

@Taiidan, as much as I love all things libre, my budget doesn't come
close to buying those motherboards :(. I like the idea of using
another machine to view the grub serial. Maybe using a Raspberry Pi
RPI isn't free hardware and the RPI foundation only likes open source when it saves them money/is convenient so I wouldn't get one (maybe get a beagleboard?)

You can get a KCMA-D8 for $250 and a compatible C32 decent cpu (to play video games in a VM like me) for $20 FYI, then all you need is DDR3 RAM and you can swap the internals of whatever you have now.