On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 6:54 AM Zoran Stojsavljevic <
zoran.stojsavlje...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > as always, your other other choice is to use linux in flash as a
> bootstrap, and then have the full spectrum of x-over-network solutions that
> you get from that. That's my new (old) approach nowadays.
>
> Hello Ron,
>
> As my best understanding, Ron, you would like to have Linux kernel with
> initramfs as payload, and then to pass execution thread to GRUB2.

you added a step we don't need :-)

linux starts, and starts our u-root userland (u-root.tk). u-root does a
dhclient, wget, gpgv, kexec (all this is written in Go).  You kexec linux.

There's no grub used in this setup.

2 weeks ago I started an OCP winterfell node booting this way. This was
NERF with linux and u-root in flash.  it was about 20 seconds for a full
cycle of linux in flash, dhclient, wget, kexec. I ran it 10,000 times, got
bored, turned it off. It works really, really well.

ron