Am 14.03.2018 22:46 schrieb David Hobach:
On 01/11/2018 03:55 AM, taii...@gmx.com wrote:
I am curious of any intel insiders know if there will be microcode updates released for older intel CPU's (ex: sandy/ivybridge) and failing that, what can be done in regards to securing them from meltdown/spectre.

Looks like they're available now. Has anyone tested them yet?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27591/Linux-Processor-Microcode-Data-File

I have. I have the relevant patchset up for review: https://review.coreboot.org/#/c/blobs/+/23315/ and currently always apply it on top of my coreboot build (for the Thinkpad X230 in my case; has then revision "1f" and verified functionality using https://github.com/speed47/spectre-meltdown-checker
or similar tools)

                                        martin