On 03.12.18 19:50, petecb via coreboot wrote:
> I have attached a text file with an overview of all the options I have
> selected with the nconfig utility, on the off-chance someone spots
> something I have done wrong.

Best way to find out is to disable USE_OPTION_TABLE again and leave
everything else as is. If that doesn't result in a reliable image,
the option table is not to blame. Actually, we try to discourage
developers from adding options that may result in a failure, but
you never know.

You can use `make savedefconfig` to save the options that differ from
their default. It writes into a file `defconfig`. That's probably better
than your "screenshots" (unless the D16 requires non-default settings to
work).

Regarding the cmos.default, IMHO, somebody should go through all the
options (from `interleave_chip_selects` to `maximum_p_state_limit` in
cmos.layout), check where they are used in the code (e.g. `git grep
\"interleave_chip_selects\"`) and document their defaults in absence
of the option table (i.e. when get_option() returns a failure or
doesn't do anything at all). Then we'd be able to discuss sane defaults.
Though, we'd need to take all boards using the respective code paths
into account.

Nico