Hi Felix,
> I only know one board where the IMC is used for fan control - gizmo2
Could you please clarify the IMC status for ASUS AM1I-A (AMD 16h
mini-ITX board) ?
Because at coreboot's "menuconfig" I see this dependency :

 > Chipset
Add imc firmware
  │ CONFIG_HUDSON_IMC_FWM:                                                  │
  │                                                                         │
  │ Add Hudson 2/3/4 IMC Firmware to support the onboard fan control        │
  │                                                                         │
  │ Symbol: HUDSON_IMC_FWM [=n]                                             │
  │ Type  : boolean                                                         │
  │ Prompt: Add imc firmware                                                │
  │   Location:                                                             │
  │     -> Chipset                                                          │
  │ Prompt: Add IMC firmware                                                │
  │   Location:                                                             │
  │     -> Chipset                                                          │
  │   Defined at src/mainboard/asus/am1i-a/Kconfig:53                       │
  │   Depends on: VENDOR_ASUS [=n] && BOARD_ASUS_AM1I_A [=n]                │
  │   Selects: SPI_FLASH_HAS_VOLATILE_GROUP [=n]

Best regards,
Mike Banon