Hi Matt!

The native RAM initialization for SNB/IVB currently lacks ECC support; there are two patches in Gerrit (22214 & 22215) that add part of the ECC support, but IIRC they still lack support for clearing the RAM after a cold boot. If you don't clear the ECC RAM there, you'll probably get a whole lot of ECC errors, since the RAM contents are random-ish before that and so at least for some words the error correction bits will be wrong before that. As far as I've seen the board doesn't contain a BMC, so you don't have to poke some undocumented registers in it to have the SPD EEPROMS on the DIMMs connected to the PCH's SMBus. That was an issue when lynxis and I started porting the HP gen 8 microserver; someone else figured that out in the meantime, but I think that's not published yet. The SNB/IVB CPUs with 2 memory channels (laptop, desktop and small server; basically everything except the E5/E7 Xeons from that series) and the corresponding PCHs should be more or less supported by the native code; some PCI-IDs or CPUIDs might be missing there, but that's easily fixable. Ok, and some bits relating to PCIe 3 and USB3 also still have room for improvement, but the PCH on your board doesn't have USB3 support anyway. Splitting the PEG PCIe port is also untested; I got a board that supports that configuration, but didn't have the time to port that one yet.

No idea how well that platform is supported by FSP/MRC; only used the native RAM init on SNB/IVB.

C206 should be the same silicon die as the 6 series PCHs (H61, H67, ...) with the only difference being the fuse settings.

Regards
Felix

--
Felix Held