On Mon, 9 Dec 2019 02:20:29 +0200
Kyösti Mälkki <kyosti.mal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 1:53 AM Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
> <gnu...@cyberdimension.org> wrote:
> > I've tried to do the same for the E350M1 and I end up with:
> > > [...]/i386-elf-ld.bfd: build/bootblock/arch/x86/bootblock_crt0.o:
> > > in function `enable_sse':
> > > [...]/src/arch/x86/bootblock_crt0.S:71: undefined reference to
> > >      `bootblock_pre_c_entry'
> You want to rebase your changes on pcengines/apu1 transition [1]
> which is the first fam14 board to drop ROMCC_BOOTBLOCK.
>
> [1] https://review.coreboot.org/c/coreboot/+/37332/11
Thanks a lot, that now compiles. Though that changeset makes the
normal/fallback mechanism options disappear from make menuconfig.
Was that intended?

That mechanism is really handy for testing some of the changes:
- First I test with the normal/ prefix
- If it works I rebuild from scratch with the fallback prefix to make
  sure that it also works in the standard configuration and retest
  afterward.
- If it doesn't work and that I'm bisecting something I just reboot
  several times until it goes back to fallback.

Though as it's implemented in the bootblock it's often required not to
have the two images drift too much as one bootblock is used to boot
both images.

It also doesn't prevent me to flash known bad images on fallback/ as I
still need to be 100% sure that the image really don't work before
telling about it on the mailing list, but it still helps me speeding up
bisection a lot.

Denis.