Update: I managed to get memtest86+ v5.31b running.

I downloaded the .iso.zip and used geteltorito v0.6 to turn the .iso file into a 1.44meg floppy image. I then added the floppy image like the memtest86+ v5.01 floppy image to my coreboot image (4.12 + patchset 15).

Preliminary tests with memtest86+ v5.31b went without an issue (Note: I didn't run all the tests, but test #7 was passed with and without HT).

I'll try to run all tests with and without HT on 4.12 + patchset 15 around the weekend.