On Sat, Apr 23, 2022, 11:40 AM ron minnich <rminn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 22, 2022 at 11:59 PM Karl Semich <0xl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> We are deprecating ALL boards on oreboot that need FSP, as we took the
> >> decision a few weeks ago to drop boards
> >> that require blobs on the main CPU (we're accepting PSP blobs for now)
> >

> > Just a quick note that our society basically has the technology to
> automatically reimplement binary blobs as differently licensed source.
>
> Absent seeing a demonstration, I'll leave this state as "important if
> true." :-)

Here are some examples of mainstream research: https://twitter.com/ak92501

Roughly, transformer models are quite good at converting between conceptual
representations, but take a lot of training (can be months of compute
cluster use) to learn new kinds of concepts well. Models can be finetuned
to make different use of their existing concepts relatively quickly on
consumer hardware. There are existing pretrained models that can predict
source code.

If you'd like to discuss or work on this with me further, let's start a new
thread.