On Thu, Jul 28, 2022 at 06:33:15PM +0000, Sam Kuper wrote:
> If I were you, I would unpublish the GPLv2 commit ASAP (before too
> many people pull it - though the genie can't really be put back in the
> bottle), and would instead make a new HEAD on top of 077e2f4 with the
> AGPLv3 as your license.  This way, at least future commits to your
> software will be protected by AGPLv3.

P.S.  Please read my "If I were you", above, in the sense of, "If I were
in your shoes, wanting strong copyleft AND GPLv2 compatibility".

Not in the sense of "You should/must do this!"  :D

I.e. My earlier message in this thread was given as a well-intentioned
suggestion, not as any kind of order or diktat :)

As you may know, one of the problems with GPLv2 in embedded contexts was
"Tivoisation".  This is an example of why you might want to use AGPLv3
(which protects against Tivoisation) rather than GPLv2 (which doesn't).

Whatever you decide, it's great that you're working to increase the
number of computers in the world with free software as standard.  Kudos!