https://ticket.coreboot.org/issues/392#change-1366

* Author: Pawel Radomychelski
* Category: board support
* Target version: 4.17
* Start date: 2022-06-18
* Affected versions: 4.17, master
* Related links: https://ticket.coreboot.org/issues/327
* Affected hardware: Lenovo ThinkPad X230 Tablet
* Affected OS: Windows 10
Since CoreBoot 4.16 my Windows 10 cant boot from SeaBios, i get BSOD with "ACPI
Error" very early.

Don't know which commit exactly brakes ACPI, but i can say, that in my CoreBoot
4.15 Image from 11/09/2021 Windows 10 is booting just fine from SeaBIOS.
Some time later under CoreBoot 4.16 i saw that windows is BSODing. Tried
yesterday with CoreBoot 4.17 and its still broken.

I think, since CB4.16 there is something broken in ACPI. As i read, the problem
is, that ACPI reserves some memory area, which in Windows is reserved for the
system.

This [[https://ticket.coreboot.org/issues/327]] seems to be a similar problem,
but the guy is using TianoCore instead of SeaBIOS.
Changing the line
OperationRegion (OPRG, SystemMemory, ASLS, 0x2000)
OperationRegion (OPRG, SystemMemory, ASLS, 0x1000)
doesnt fix it for SeaBios, but fix it for TianoCore.

dmesg_cb415.txt (78.9 KB)
dmesg_cb417.txt (79.9 KB)
.config (19.7 KB)
CB4.17_BSOD.jpg (143 KB)
CB415.log (46.4 KB)
CB417.log (128 KB)
CB416.log (128 KB)
dmesg_cb416.txt (81.8 KB)

--
You have received this notification because you have either subscribed to it,
or are involved in it.