On 21.06.23 01:07, Peter Stuge wrote:
> (sorry if you receive this twice)
>
> David Hendricks wrote:
>> it will be easier to refactor portions of the code with the large
>> patches merged in a buildable and (hopefully) usable/testable state.
>
> That's pretty weak sauce and I think you all know deep down.

Let's not lose the scope here, please. AFAICT, we are still talking
about particular mainboard ports that share, beside boilerplate,
maybe 50~70 lines of code. From my point of view, we have much much
bigger problems elsewhere.

> Who pays for refactoring? Probably someone else.
>
> That's unsustainable for the project.

If we'd make what is said about this case a general rule, maybe yes.
But I don't see that David would have implied this.

Nico