SCAI Eval 2024 Shared Task on Conversational Search Evaluation

Conversational search has many faces, and we want so see them all. Rather than evaluating systems, this shared task calls on the community to gather comprehensive evaluation resources to provide a clearer picture of evaluation:

1. Example data of diverse search-oriented conversations;
2. Definitions and annotation guidelines for aspects to evaluate (e.g., correctness, coherence, readability); and
3. Implementations of evaluation metrics.

Both novel and already published contributions are welcome. Contributors will be invited to present at the next SCAI workshop (venue to be determined) and co-author a SIGIR Forum article. So join our mailing list at https://groups.google.com/g/scai-info to stay up-to-date with our task and get into contact.

Web: https://scai.info/scai-eval-2024/ (details, instructions, examples)

Submission deadlines:
- January 15, 2024: deadline for aspect definitions
- January 29, 2024: deadline for data and metrics

Task Committee:
- Johannes Kiesel, Bauhaus-Universität Weimar
- Maik Fröbe, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena
- Andrea Papenmeier, University of Twente
- Alexander Frummet, Universität Regensburg
- Paul Owoicho, University of Glasgow

--
Johannes Kiesel

Bauhaus-Universität Weimar