Oh, you can use also -> by for now .
 
The question, Pri, is that the north americans, depending on the part of the country the live in, are kind of cold to your warm patterns...and they prefer to be practical and short. For that, they normally use "regards". Anything more....*smiling*....
But we can not be concerned, at least not so much, in being so polite or so direct. We can be who we are.
Of course if you're writing to the president of a company or even of the country, you can be more polite. But even in Brasil, we would be more polite when talking/writing to the president, of a company or of our own country...:-)
 
That's it for while..:-)
Have to run on....
 
(yes, these two ways can be used as well...*grin*),
 
Luciene
 


 
2005/9/26, Luciene Lima <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Hello Pri.
 
Yes, you can use "hugs" when you're talking in an informal way. To check it, try to take part of english chats. You'll see it a lot. I normally use it during all the day long, for I work using english as a job tool, I work with export/import area.
 
The "Best regards", "Kind regards" and "All the best" can be used as well. They're different ways - and normally kind of more formal - of saying "bye".
 
You can use also (just for friends and guys with whom you have a routine contact): "catch ya later", "later on", "get you later" and so on.
 
Hugs,
Lu
 


 
2005/9/26, Priscila Moura Arakaki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi, Luciene,

Just a small remark: in Brazil we use to end up an informal letter by saying: "Kisses", "Hugs" and something like this.

In English "Best regards", "Kind regards" and "All the best" are most commonly used in this case - I mean, that is what I have seen on most of the messages I receive.

Could any Native Speaker confirm this information?

That also gives me an idea for a topic:

"How do people use to conclude a written or spoken communication in your country?"

All the best,

Priscila


From:  Luciene Lima <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Reply-To:   [email protected]
To:  [email protected]
Subject:  Re: Any questions?
Date:  Mon, 26 Sep 2005 12:46:28 -0200

Hi Arasu,
 
My name's Luciene and I live in Brasil, Sao Paulo city.
How are ya doing?
My tip to make you improve yor english is: read a lot.
Another tip é: give a try to http://www2.uol.com.br/speakup/
Thru this web site you can listen to tapes while you read what's going on.
Another important tip is: try to talk with people about interesting things to you. It's not useful if you try to talk with someone to improve your english but the subject choose does not have interest to you, do you understand?
 
Hugs,
Luciene
 

 

 
2005/9/23, Arasu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

hi, I'm from chennai (India). I'm not fluent in english. what to do to
develop my language? please help me.






Reply via email to