On 2/7/06, kalogero suther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Can someone help me to correct this paragraph? It is for a friend.





In recent days I am getting my interest towards pure group-theoretical questions."Hence, I have a genuine interest in pure group-theoretical questions."

In last summer I had a touch with the book "Groups and Symmetry"
by M. A. Armstrong. I read some portions of this book. While reading a book I start enjoying it. There is a chapter which contains proof of the Nielsen-Schreier theorem using group
actions on trees. As I went across the book, I found the book is full of ideas and methods. Which creates awareness in me to work on this topic.
 
 

I have read some papers concerning groups of Lie type acting on
spherical buildings, and this is a topic I would like to explore in
more depth if I have the opportunity to do so. In other words, I am
interested in the work of Professor someprof.

All of this explains my interest in your mathematics department, which
seems to have a strong group specializing in geometric group theory.

My objective at the completion of the M.Sc. degree at theuniversity is
to continue in research-oriented activities.

Finally, the academic surroundings and atmosphere is another reason why
I am considering theuniversity in particular.




--
thanks and regards
Raj Gupta

M.S. Research Scholar,
Distributed and Object Systems Lab.,
Department of CS & E,
IIT Madras, Chennai - 600036,
9818223222
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Three Things in life, Once gone never come back... Words, Opportuntity and Time"

Reply via email to