Ok. many thanks for your help!

he is the final version:

Hence, I have a genuine interest in pure group-theoretical questions.

Moreover, last summer I came across the book "Groups and Symmetry"
by M. A. Armstrong. I especially enjoyed reading the chapter that
outlined a proof of the Nielsen-Schreier theorem using group actions on
trees. Ideas and methods such as these appeal to my attentiveness; that
is, problems that are intrinsically discrete, combinatorial.

I have read some papers concerning groups of Lie type acting on
spherical buildings, and this is a topic I would like to explore in
more depth if I have the opportunity. In other words, I am interested
in the work of Professor someprof.

This is why I'm interested in joining your mathematics department,
which seems to have a growing strong group specializing in geometric
group theory.

Finally, the academic surroundings and atmosphere is another reason why
I am considering  theuniversity in particular.

My objective at the completion of the M.Sc. degree at theuniversity is
to continue in research-oriented activities.

Reply via email to