Hi Asim,

I'm from the Czech Republic. What does my name mean? Well, that's a
long story, indeed.

Petr is the Czech coutnerpart of English "Peter", French "Pierre" etc.
It comes from Greek and means "rock" or "stone".

Hrubis, spelled as Hrubi¹ here, is a derivate of the adjective "hrubý"
(masculine singular), which means "coarse", "crude", "rough" or
"rude", so my name could be translated as "The Crude Rock" :-), or
actually "The Crudeish Rock", if we take the ending into account.

I hope this helps you imagine who I am and where I'm from. ;-)

Best,

P.

2006/8/21, Asim Khan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi Adventurer/Petr Hrubis,
>
> Adventurer I hope, you will enjoy our gathering, and My dear petr where are
> you from and what's the meaning of your name?
>
> Keep frolicking & Keep making marries
>
> Asim Khan
>
>
> On 8/20/06, adventurer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Asim Khan !! i am adventurer and i am from turkey
> > Take care..
> > Where are you from??????????
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards
>
>  >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Correct my English" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/correct-my-english
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to