On Mar 5, 1:18 pm, "Kash" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> I have had a dream to improve my writing skills to the level where i
> don't have to get embarrassed over stupid mistakes in my e-mails and
> short compositions. I have a very tight work schedule and i can't
> afford to quit the job and peruse my dream which is becoming more like
> a need now. I have come across various suggestions to build up the
> habit of writing every day as that ensures betterment in writing with
> the passage of time. But, every time, after putting all the ideas into
> practice a day or two , i ended up putting an end to all the passion
> and obsession of improving writing skills. I humbly request all of you
> to give me a few practical and innovative advices to help me fulfill
> my need.

Writing well even in one's native language requires dedication or
talent, or both. It also requires a broad and profound understanding
of grammar and idiom, and therefore many, maybe most, native English
speakers I've seen write like retards. So don't beat yourself up. I
have encountered a problem similar to yours in French--I can read it
just fine, but I write it very poorly. Long ago, when I had just
finished four years of high school French, I could write it OK, but
it's faded away.

I would suggest that when you get frustrated, just read English--
forget about writing for a while and read, read, read. That's how I
learned to write English, and I was born and raised in New Jersey.
Read modern novels that interest you. The quality of the English in
them will be good enough, as a rule. Subscribe to an English-language
newspaper. Steep yourself in English.


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Correct my English" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/correct-my-english
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to