There is not many differences between Only and Just, Basically both have
same meaning but their uses are different. Here are some of the uses of Just
are as under:

*Just***



*Only, scarcely :* just can mean 'only' 'nothing more than' 'scarcely'.



1. Complete sat of garden tools for a just 500/=..

2. Can you jut solve this question.

3. We just purchased a basket.



*Exactly :* just often means 'exactly'



1. What's the time? It is just 4 o'clock.

2. Thank's that is just I wanted.

3. She is just as bad tempered as her father.



*Emphasize :* just can emphasize other words and expression with the sense
of 'simply' there is no other word for it.



1. You are just beautiful.

2. I just love your dress.

3. I just like your teaching style.



*A time :* just often emphasizes the idea of 'at this moment.



1. I am just changing my shirt. (Right now)

2. I am just coming.

3. I am just taking food.



*Just after and Just before :* define closeness to the time in question.



1. I saw him just after lunch. (Very soon after the lunch)

2. I talked to him just before the class.

3. I will meet with you just after the class.



*Short time ago :* It also means "short time ago".



1. I have just taken a class.

2. We have just sung a song.

3. She as just cooked food.

Thanks & Regards

Asim Khan


On 4/9/07, mariana jam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> if you have any question ask Mr.Matt at
> http://askaboutenglish.blogspot.com/
> he will be glad to answer you
>
>
> On 4/9/07, Ibnu AA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >
> > Dear all,
> > I am an Indonesian. I really need English. Because of that I need your
> > help. Now I need an explanation on what the different between "only"
> > and "just" is. Because if they are translated into Indonesian, they
> > have the same meaning. I thank you for your help.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> >
>


-- 
Visit my Institute's Home page
Join me in my group
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/IELC

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Correct my English" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/correct-my-english
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to