I'm somewhat missing the context. Anyway, I don't understand why you
replaced the comma with an apostrophe - I don't really see it as an
improvement.

Without knowing the context, I'd suggest the following:

"Their omnipresence means that their problems deserve more scrutiny,
since they have stronger impact on consumers than on smaller firms."

Nevertheless, I still dislike "Their omnipresence MEANS" I still need
the context...

Best,

Petr

2007/4/10, Josney Ribeiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi there
>
> In my humble opinion, you should change the whole sentences.
>
>
> On 09/04/07, Hou Pei <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi, everybody
> > I read the following sentences in a newspaper but I don't think they are
> grammatically correct.
> > Would you write me some suggestion?
> >
> > 1Their omnipresence means that their problems have stronger impact on
> consumers than smaller firms,
> > and therefore, deserve more scrutiny.
> > My version:
> > Their omnipresence means that their problems have stronger impact on
> consumers than smaller firms'
> > and therefore, deserve more scrutiny.
> > 2They should ensure they operate ethically and without double standards.
> > My version:
> > They should ensure they operate ethically

 exclusive of double standards.
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Best Regards
> > Hou Pei
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > josneyfaryj.blogspot.com
> > > >
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Correct my English" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/correct-my-english
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to